The Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception is a faculty of Theology where academic study is situated within a community of Dominican friars.
Our mission, articulated eight hundred years ago by our founder Saint Dominic, is to prepare a new generation of evangelists, both preachers and teachers, for ministry in a world hungry for meaning, truth, and God.
To respond to these needs, our program of studies is designed to provide a solid foundation and training for both ordained and non-ordained service in the Church through courses based on the comprehensive theological approach of St. Thomas Aquinas.
Our Lady of Mercy Parish in Potomac, Maryland was established on June 13, 1959 with 135 families from the neighboring parishes. There was no church, no rectory and no school; only fifteen acres of land donated to the Archdiocese of Washington by the Sisters of Mercy. The first church and school was dedicated April 30, 1961. As groundbreaking for the current church began in August 2000, new Potomac stone was quarried to complement the original cushwa stone. The new church was dedicated by Cardinal McCarrick on May 1, 2002.
Today, Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church and School serves over 2100 registered households under the leadership of Rev. William Byrne.